Create the new
How do artists make new works? And from where do the ideas come?
With this theme we explore the creative process of different artist following their work from an early beginning to a finished work. We mainly study contemporary art but also look at art which once was contemporary. Artists and their methods can inspire and teach us about creative thinking and problem solving. We explore the artists’ different work processes; is it open, intuitive and experimenting? Or is it directed by a wish to find an answer to a specific problem?
We test different creative approaches in front of the art works and throw ourselves into the unknown to create the new.
We offer 1 and 2-hour learning programmes in the exhibition. The programme is tailored to the specific age group and qualifications and it takes place within the exhibition with dialogue, sketching and process writing. In the 2-hour sessions we work with vintage images transformed into new ones using different techniques such as projection, cut-out and overpainting.
Call + 45 49 19 07 19 (Monday – Thursday 09:00 – 15:00)
Upon booking we ask you to specify:
- Date and time for the learning-session
- Number of participating students
- Which session you wish to book
- Contact information including an email for the order confirmation
- If any in the group has walking difficulties in regard to accessibility of the teaching room
Sessions are available for a maximum of 28 students Tuesday to Friday at 11:15, 12:30, 13:00 and 14:00.
Price: DKK 500
Sessions are available for a maximum of 28 students Tuesday to Friday at 11:15 and 14:00.
Price: DKK 950
- A 2-hour session with a creative workshop after a visit in the gallery.
- A 2-hour session in the gallery with more time for conversion and creative activities in front of the artworks.
In the foyer at the museum entrance.