Images and meaning-making
What does an artwork mean? Does the artist determine its meaning or is it the spectators who create meanings in the encounter with art?
Is the meaning historically determined or does it change over time? The answers depend on how, when and why, we look at the art.
In this programme, we focus on selected art works from the Louisiana collection and makes time for a close encounter with each work. The session starts with our spontaneous experiences with the art works that is then approached by pictorial analysis, narrative, and creative exercises to expand understanding of the works. The programme offers useful tools that can be applied in the encounter with art onwards.
We offer 1 and 2-hour learning programmes in the exhibition. The programme is adapted to age and learning level and takes place within the exhibition with dialogue, sketching and process writing. In the 2-hour sessions the second part of the programme takes place in the workshop where we create mixed media collages and give our own interpretations of the experienced art works.
Call + 45 49 19 07 19 (Monday – Thursday 09:00 – 15:00)
Upon booking we ask you to specify:
- Date and time for the learning-session
- Number of participating students
- Which session you wish to book
- Contact information including an email for the order confirmation
- If any in the group has walking difficulties in regard to accessibility of the teaching room
Sessions are available for a maximum of 28 students Tuesday to Friday at 11:15, 12:30, 13:00 and 14:00.
Price: DKK 500
Sessions are available for a maximum of 28 students Tuesday to Friday at 11:15 and 14:00.
Price: DKK 950
- A 2-hour session with a creative workshop after a visit in the gallery.
- A 2-hour session in the gallery with more time for conversion and creative activities in front of the artworks.
In the foyer at the museum entrance.