Europe in Poems
- DateFriday 25. September
- TimeKl. 16:30
- PlaceThe Concert Hall
- PriceDKK 10 (+ ticket fee DKK 10)
On behalf of the German Academy for Language and Literature a new anthology ’Grand Tour’ edited by Jan Wagner and Federico Italiano presents the young poetry of Europe. Representing poetry from 50 countries in Europe, the anthology has been ’on the road’- travelling with editors and visiting twelve of the countries conducting readings and discussions with poets represented in ’Grand Tour’.
The tour har now reached Louisiana, where the Danish poets, Søren Ulrik Thomsen, Pia Tafdrup, Ursula Andkjær Olsen and Lone Hørslev will read from their work and take part in discussions with the editors of ’Grand Tour’ as well as with Peter Urban-Halle the editor of ’Light above land’ an anthology which presents Danish poetry from the middle ages to the present day.
Hear more about the project ‘Grand Tour.
This event is both in Danish and English. The readings will be in Danish and the conversations and presentations in English.
When booking your seat you will be able to include a sandwich and water, which will be served at 18. Sandwich and water DKK 100. Please note, that the booking information will be in Danish. Contact us on +45 49190719 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any help with your booking.
You will find the programme below.
Light above land
The bilingual collection ’Light above land’ is published in connection with the German-Danish Cultural Friendship Year 2020 in collaboration with Det Danske Akademi.
Author Søren Ulrik Thomsen
Author Pia Tafdrup
Author Ursula Andkjær Olsen
Author Lone Hørslev
Editor Federico Italiano
Editor Jan Wagner
Editor Peter Urban-Halle
- 16.30 Welcome by Christian Lund, Louisiana Literature Festival Director and presentation of the anthology ‘Grand Tour’ by the editors Jan Wagner and Federico Italiano.
- 16.45 Readings, Ursula Andkjær Olsen and Lone Hørslev followed by a talk with the editors.
- 18.00 Break. You can preorder a sandwich & water when reserving your seat for the event. Your meal will be ready for you in the Boathouse. Access from the Concert Hall via Havnevej
- 18.40 Presentation of the anthology ‘Licht überm Land’ by the editor Peter Urban-Halle.
- 18.50-20.15 Readings, Pia Tafdrup and Søren Ulrik Thomsen followed by a talk with the editors.
Please note, that the café will be open until 21.30 and the museum until 22.
PRACTICAL INFO ABOUT EVENTS IN THE CONCERT HALL
Events taking place in the Concert Hall are currently organised with a limited number of seats. The Concert Hall is only half filled with empty seats between each reservation.
The seats are numbered and the doors do not open until 15 minutes before the event starts – access from The Conservatory. It is no longer possible to form a waiting line for any reservations that do not show up.
Should there be cancellations on the day, these seats will be handed out regularly at the main entrance. You can write to us at email@example.com, if you will not be using your seats.