You will find more information on opening hours, admission tickets and time slots on this page. We recommend buying your ticket online in advance to avoid having to queue upon arrival.
Tuesday - Friday 11.00 - 22.00
Saturday and Sunday 11.00 - 18.00
Other opening hours
Holidays and other special opening hours
Open from 11-18 in 2020
Saturday 26 December.
The Cafe opens at 11 from Tuesday to Sunday. Lunch is served between 12 and 16 and dinner between 18 and 21. For menu and more information.
The Children's Wing
The three-storey Children’s Wing is open Tuesday to Sunday from 11-18. Read more on The Children’s Wing and see all current workshops.
The shop is open Tuesday to Friday from 11-22 and Saturday and Sunday from 11-18. Read more and visit our webshop.
|Adult 18+||DKK 130|
|Students with student card||DKK 115|
|Louisiana Members||free entry|
|Member’s guest (up to four guests)||DKK 110 each|
|Children/young adults under 18||free entry|
Groups of 15 an more when paying together: DKK 120 (students with student card DKK 110).
We recommend buying tickets and time slots in advance. Members, children/young adults and pre-booked tickets must choose Time slot free.
Book your time slot
Louisiana has introduced a policy of assigning time slots for your arrival. We have done so in order to avoid long queues by the entrance and ensure that the number of guests is spread out evenly throughout the day.
There are currently many visitors when we open at 11, therefore we recommend arriving afternoon/evening if possible.
Time slots are free of charge. Note that the time selected indicates only the interval in which your visit starts. You can stay as long as you like.
How it works
- First, choose language in the top right-hand corner.
- Select the date and time for your visit in the calendar. The calendar will appear when pressing the first box saying “first, select date/time for: time slot.”
- After choosing the date and time, you can add the desired number of time slots with the relevant tickets to the basket. If you already have tickets or membership, please select “Time slot free”. If you need an entrance ticket with your time slot select “Time slot + Ticket”. If you’re a member and bringing a guest select “Time slot + Member’s guest ticket” and if you are a student please select “Time slot + Student ticket.”
- Fill in the delivery address. The time slots and tickets will be sent to the specified email address.
- Proceed to completion/payment. A payment window will appear if you have selected an admission ticket.
- Upon arrival to the museum your ticket/time slot will be scanned.
If you arrive in the mornings, some queue is to be expected eventhough you have booked time slot. This is due to the fact that we must limit the number of guests in the entrance area – both inside and outside. in the foyer area indoors. You must use the queue on your left, if you have booked a time slot.
If you have not booked a time slot in advance, you are able to buy tickets and reserve time slots directly at the museum – and will be able to enter, when there is enough free space in the entrance area. This queue is furthest to the right when you arrive at our main entrance.
If you come by train, you must also remember to wear a face mask on the Coastal Railway.
Thank you for your patience and we look forward to your visit.
Special discount on transport to Louisiana
You can purchase special discount tickets from several transport companies and through special tourist plans. Check prices and terms with the individual company. Louisiana collaborates with the following companies and plans:
DSB (Danish State Railways)
If you are travelling by train it is possible to purchase a combined museum entrance and return ticket giving you a 50% discount on admission. Read more.
With a Copenhagen Card you will have free admission to the museum. Read more.
ForSea (ferry between Elsinore and Helsingborg)
If travelling by ferry between Elisnore in Denmark and Helsingborg in Sweden it is possible to buy a combination ticket including entrance to the museum, ferry and train. Read more and find contact information.
The regional public transportation authority and operator in Skåne in the south of Sweden offers a special ticket Øresund Rundt, which includes discount on admission to the museum. The ticket also includes discount on ferry and train. Read more and find contact information.
The Øresund Bridge
As a member of The Øresund Bridge there is discount on admission to the museum. Read more and find contact information.